Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Let The Good Times Begin . . . .

I know it has been a while since I posted, but things have been crazy busy lately in life and work . . . whew.

Well, as you already know, my first round of blood work confirmed that I am pregnant, yippie! They re-ran the blood again on 9/7/11 and 9/14/11 and the results were as follows:

9/5/11
HCG = 151
Progesterone =9.1
Estrodial = 105
9/7/11
HCG = 428
Progesterone = 7.1
Estrodial = 124
9/14/11
HCG = 5,939
Progesterone = 6.9
Estrodial = 118

My HCG is supposed to double every 2-3 days, so it is definitely doing what it is supposed to! My Progesterone and Estrodial levels are still showing on the low side, but this is normal for patients who do IVF with a donor because my body is not producing those hormones yet so I have to supplement them.

To make a long story short, I am still pregnant and everything is going as planned so far. They will continue to do weekly blood work for a while, and then bring me in sometime in the next few weeks for an ultrasound! We can’t wait!

To add to our excitement, my best friend also took a pregnancy test on the same day as I did (No we did not plan it, I guess great minds just think alike) and got a positive as well! It was so funny because I messaged her that morning to share the news and show her the test, and she replied with her test and news! It was a super exciting discovery and day! We did the math and seem to only be a few days apart, how exciting is that? So now, not only does Adam (and Chance, Valerie’s husband for that matter) have the pleasure of dealing with his ‘crazy’ pregnant wife, he gets to deal with both of us now and we can team up on them =o) He He. I am crazy excited that they get to add onto their already wonderful family and that we get to go through this together! I could not have asked for a better scenario. If you want to check out her blog and read about her story, here is the web address is http://motherwifefriend.tumblr.com/.

Also, I have to send a shout out to my friends Angie Halverson and Hunter Halverson who just welcomed their first child into the world yesterday. Ganon Criag Halverson was born on 9/14/11 at 3:33am weighing in at a whopping 9lbs 9oz and measuring 22 inches long. He is definitely a big boy, but so precious and so cute. I went to visit him last night and just sat there holding him forever and could have stayed longer if I was not so tired and hungry. Here are a few pictures:








Well, that seems to be all the happenings in the Casto household right now. I will check back in soon with updates and what is happening. Thanks for reading and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment